The aim of The Solar Impulse Foundation is to federate the actors in the field of clean technologies and shed light on existing efficient Solutions to fast-track their implementation. Therefore, the key objectives focus on:
- Ensuring the continuous development of the World Alliance for Efficient Solutions an independent Swiss not-for-profit association, which gathers Members that work together to create synergies, share knowledge and build relationships that speed-up the implementation of clean and profitable Solutions which have the potential to address the environmental challenges of today.
- To identify Solutions that are both clean and profitable and attribute them to the Solar Impulse Efficient Solution Label; through a trustworthy and verified methodology based on a rigorous assessment performed by external independent Experts.
- To offer support and services to the Member of World Alliance for Efficient Solutions free of charge, as well as foster the implementation of the Labeled Solutions, thanks to the continuous support of SIF Partners who provide operational funding to the World Alliance.
This call is being facilitated by the Solar Impulse Foundation in collaboration with Global Business Inroads (GBI).
The Solar Impulse Foundation aims to help the cleantech innovators behind the efficient solutions in order to accelerate their companies’ success. Once their solutions are labelled, the Foundation provides them support on six specific levels. That is, by giving them better:
- access to the market
- Be presented to our Partners: corporates and public authorities.
- Participate at major cleantech, innovation, and business events.
- Be included for implementation consideration by partner cities and regions.
- more appeal to investors
- Access to pitch session at investor focused events.
- Be introduced to our investor network.
- Get key tools to generate stronger business cases for investments.
- support in their advocacy work
- Be part of the movement that tackles the environment while talking business.
- Receive support from our Public Affairs team.
- Get access to the government's audience.
- feedback from industry experts
- Receive feedback and mentoring from the experts.
- Attend webinars with Bertrand Piccard and the SIF team.
- more credibility
- Be recognized by a strict assessment process made with high standards and by a pool of independent experts.
- Complete a labelling process reviewed and accredited by EY.
- greater visibility
- Benefit from Solar Impulse Foundation’s strong brand image.
- Be actively promoted on our platforms, to media and decision makers.
- Showcase your innovations in events and to SIF partners.
- Release of Innovation Call - November 25th, 2020
- Deadline for Submissions - January 15th, 2021
- Follow-up and Final Discussion/Deep dives - January 25th, 2021
- Update from SIF about labelling 6-8 weeks after completely submitting the application
- Please register on Global Technology Interface™, using the following link (www.globaltechinterface.com) and “Sign Up” as a “ Technology Displayer".
- Once registered please follow instructions to apply for the call on the “Innovation Call” page.
- Applicants will need to fill in the attached questionnaire to provide details about the company and the technology or service.
- Based on the eligibility criteria from the Solar Impulse Foundation, the candidate solutions are identified to become the member of the World Alliance for Efficient Solutions.
- Furthermore, guidance is provided to create a solution.
About Solar Impulse Foundation
Following the success of the first solar flight around the world, the Solar Impulse Foundation (SIF) has launched the second phase of its action: selecting 1000 Solutions that can protect the environment in a profitable way, and bring them to decision makers to encourage them to adopt more ambitious environmental targets and energy policies.
Governments, companies and institutions must urgently adopt more ambitious environmental and energy policies. They should stop compromising for minimal targets, but rather should base their negotiations and objectives on the reality of what clean profitable technologies can offer today. Not only for future generations, but for the current benefit of people, industry and the planet.